Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day, a Day to Remember



Shalom Beloved on this Memorial Day, 2016.  Growing up I remember the Vets who would hand out poppies on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.  When I was very young I didn’t understand the meaning of it, I just knew I got to wear this special silk flower on my dress that day.  As I grew older, I understood Memorial Day as a picnic day, usually too chilly for shorts, but we wore them anyway. Then as a young adult, it was a long weekend, one of the “Monday” holidays.  And now in my wiser years, I understand that it is a day to Memorialize the young men and women who gave their lives in the service of this country. 

We are supposed to be thoughtful and prayerful…to think about the ultimate laying down of one’s life for their country, for the people.  Yeshua/Jesus said it was the greatest love, to lay down your life for your friends.  They went to war to protect this Nation, the People of the United States of America from our enemies, from Communism, from tyranny; that we might be free and safe and able to exercise our God given rights to exist here in peace. 

It should provoke a prayerful response for those who are currently serving overseas.  But my question is, who are they serving?  It isn’t the servicemen and women that I doubt, it is the “Country” they are sworn to uphold, serve and protect.  One of the greatest things we do to honor Memorial day is to display an American Flag. 

Lately I have seen too many reports of American citizens being forbidden to display the  American Flag  to just ignore it.  High School Seniors have been warned if they bring an American Flag onto school property they will not be able to participate in the Commencement Exercise; Private homes are being sued by their community associations because it is not in keeping with the “appearance” they want to convey in their developments.  Fire Depts. Are being forbidden from carrying a flag on the rear of the Fire truck, I have to almost take a deep breath to write this…

The reason a city official gave was so astonishing it prompted this article; he said it reminded him of the trucks on the news carrying the ISIS flag…he said it makes the firemen into terrorists!!!  He said we who display a flag on our vehicles are terrorist!!!

Please, someone let me know; did I miss the memo?  Did they pass a law removing our Flag as the symbol of our Nation?  As the symbol of our Freedom?  As the symbol of what the fallen Vets died for?  Did I totally miss the news reports?  Is that why our government officials don’t place their hand upon their heart at the National Anthem?  Was I sleeping when our Nation was lost?  I feel like Rip Van Winkle…like falling asleep and when you wake up, nothing is the same.  


To love our country now is criminal; can anyone explain that to me?  Where are the people?  Doesn’t anyone see what has happened here?  Sheep led to the slaughter…just get in line, don’t cause a disturbance…it will be over soon.   Wake up my countrymen, wake up before it’s too late… and put a flag on your house; on your car; on your shirt and stand up and say NO!  For the love of God, the ONE TRUE and LIVING GOD, the Creator of Creation, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Don’t just lay down and give up, hold fast to what is good and true… don’t let them have what is in our hearts as well.  May the Peace of Adonai be with us and strengthen us…shalom, shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment